We help IT Professionals succeed at work.

Outlook Error 0x8004010f

macomsupport
macomsupport asked
on
Hello

I have noticed that my address book is not updating on any of the clients. When I try to download it manually I get the error 0x8004010f.

I have tested the autodicover via the Ctrl + right click the outlook icon then select test email AutoConfiguration... it came back with no errors.

I have made a new OAB in exchange and set it as a default.

I have reset the virtual directories from ESM

I went to my C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook folder and deleted all the .oab files and restarted outlook. It downloaded the new OAB but I still get the error 0x8004010f when I try to download the address book.


Thanks for the help in advanced
Comment
Watch Question

Author

Commented:
Forgot to mention this is Exchange 2010 on Windows 2008 R2 Standard and the clients are Windows 7 Pro with Office 2010.

Commented:
Here is another link, although it is based on Exchange 2007
http://www.neolisk.com/techblog/outlookerror0x8004010f-downloadingofflineaddressbook
Hi

install Exchange 2010 sp1 it will resolve this issue

and also let me know if you have already SP1

 

Author

Commented:
SP1 is already installed.

I had to go into ADSI and change msExchRecipientFilterFlags, remove the GAL, remake the GAL and the put msExchRecipientFilterFlags back. now when I run

 
Update-GlobalAddressList -Identity "Default Global Address List" -DomainController "pcd"

Open in new window


It does not report any eoores where it did before. but the outlook clients still report error 0x8004010f.  object not found.

I ran thought the othere links to and no diffrence.

Hendrik WieseInformation Security Manager
Commented:
Try manually updating your GAL by following my article: Manually Update Global Address List (GAL) on Exchange 2010

Author

Commented:
I got it working, the solution was as follows:

1) Open ADSI Edit,
2) Expand to the following:
Configuration [<domainController>.contoso.com]
CN=Configuration,DC=contoso,DC=com
CN=Services
CN=Microsoft Exchange
CN=<OrganizationName>
CN=Address Lists Container
CN=All Global Address Lists
3) Edit msExchRecipientFilterFlagsr to 3
4) Open EMC
5) Make a new OAB and set it as default
6) Delete the old OAB
7) In ADSI set msExchRecipientFilterFlagsr back to 1
8) Open c:\program files\Microsoft\exchsvr\v14\exchangeOAB and delete the contents
9) Open c:\program files\Microsoft\exchsvr\v14\client access\OAB and delete the contents
10) Update the OAB in EMC and check the exchangeoab folder has stuff in it again (I did it via Power shell to check there were no errors when updating as per the link above)
11) Open Services.msc and start BITS, restart Exchange System attendant and Exchange Distributed file system.
12) Open IIS
13) Drill down to the OWA file and check the authentication is set to windows, and SSL is not required,
14) In IIS under application pool right click on MSExchangeAutodiscoverAppPool and select recycle
15) Change to content view and brows oab.xml
16) Open outlook and check autodiscovery works (ctrl + right click on the system try icon and select test email AutoConfiguration. run the wizard.)
17) Close outlook and re open it. And the OAB now works
Note: I have several domains hosted on the folder and all need Autodiscovery set up and configured with an SSL certificate to work properly or apply the following KB http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940881

Thanks for your help all




Commented:
Thanks macomsupport, your last post worked for me.

Explore More ContentExplore courses, solutions, and other research materials related to this topic.