We are having a complicated problem with our Xenapp farm.
- DC01 is domain controller, file server, and Citrix licensing server
- XA01 is Xenapp server, and web interface server.
- XA02 is Xenapp server.
- XA01 and XA02 are in the same farm and working group. Both have all published applications installed, same versions, all working fine. Both are Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.
- Clients connect through web interface to a published desktop of one of the servers. Load balanced.
- Applications are a mix of native installed and streamed to client applications.
- Single sign on is enabled.
- If a user opens a desktop session, and from there starts Application A (native installed, published), a NEW session is created. Sometimes to the same server, sometimes to the other server. If i look in the delivery console > servers > for example XA01 > users, the user has TWO sessions with seperate session ID's. One for the desktop, one for the started application. If the user starts a third application, a third session is created on the same or on the other server, and so on. Seems like session sharing is not working? When checking qfarm /load, both servers report around 1400 on a busy day.
- The second problem is in single sign on. If a user starts an application, he sometimes gets a Windows Server 2008 R2 logon screen before the application starts. When he enters his credentials, the application starts normally. This only seems to happen if the application is started on a different server than where his desktop session is on. First we had this problem all the time because the online plugin constantly snapped back to "prompt mode". We fixed this by adding "DELKEY ("Software\Citrix\PNAgent"
)" to the loginscript, also see http://jasonhess.blogspot.com/2009/01/citrix-11-client-and-pass-through.html
. Now, the problems occurs randomly as described before.
- The third problem is that sometimes, when a user logs in to the desktop, a login screen from the online plugin pops up, asking for credentials. When the credentials are entered, it does not appear again for quite a time. After a random amount of logons the user gets te prompt again.
Please help out!