Link to home
Create AccountLog in
Avatar of tmaususer
tmaususerFlag for United States of America

asked on

Terminal Services License - Windows Server 2008 32 bt Standard Edition

I just want to make sure I have this right before pursuing. I have set up a terminal service server and I am using the 120 day ms license. My question is how the licensing works. Would I be correct that I need to purchase one license for the server and then for every user that is going to connect via remote desktop I would need to purchase individual CAL's? So for example if I know 5 users are working remotely I would need one TS License and 5 CAL's or is it % Licenses along with 5 CAL's?
Avatar of Darius Ghassem
Darius Ghassem
Flag of United States of America image

Link to home
Create an account to see this answer
Signing up is free. No credit card required.
Create Account
Avatar of tmaususer


Thanks. I confirmed with microsoft. One TS Cal, One server Cal (per user) and One RDS Cal per user