I have a form that if
1) I change the value in a combo box (It has to be any combo on the form)
2) maybe change other data (it makes no difference)
3) Then move to a different record
4) come back to the record and try to change data
5) When I try to change the data I get Error 7878 - Another user edited this record and save the changes .....
6) It happens every time - I've reproduced over and over
any help would be greatly appreciate.
1) The form is hooked to a query that the recordsource is an SQL Server View
2) I open the form (do this all the time) by setting the recordsource as something like SQLView where user ='LJG'
3) The before and after update events of the combo only runs after the error
4) The same problem occurs if it take out all the code in the form (Has Module = False)
Something I have tried
1) on Form_Error I put the following code
If DataErr = 7878 Then
Response = acDataErrContinue
2) The above stops the error, but when you come back
> pick a new item in the combo
* The program sits with the open combo on the new Item you picked
* The program runs the above code (Response = acDataErrContinue )
* The program continues to sit with the open combo on the new Item you picked
* When you click on the new item a second time all works
> Edit a text field
* The program ignores the first keystroke and then everything is OK