Hello friends -
I'm going nuts on this one. Crystal Reports 11 on my desktop. Business Objects 11.5 on the server. ODBC Connection to Mysql 5.1.
I had some reports that were developed on an older machine, XP\32 bit. Now I have upgraded to win7/64 bit. Initially my reports failed to go locally in CR again after OS refresh in Crystal until I recreated my ODBC connection with the 32 bit tool, i.e., (odbcad32.exe). After recreating my ODBC connection, the report goes great in my CR environment.
But, when I push to business objects, it fails with a super vague error message:
" Failed to retrieve data from the database. Details: [Database Vendor Code: 1064 ] "
1064 looks to be a bubble up of lots of different problems as near as I can figure. I have performed the following things to troubleshoot / fix it:
1) Validated the data source.
2) Gotten the .sql and run it directly against the database with external tools. The generated .sql is fine.
3) Validated that the odbc connection on the server is fine by using other reports that attach to it.
4) Nuked the reports from BO, reloaded.
5) Created a differently named ODBC connection on the server to the same database instance and tried to attach the report to that ODBC connection.
Logging in the BO directory doesn't seem to have anything of use.
The awful part is that these reports were working previously in BO, I had some updates to make, I made them in CR, pushed up new builds, and then they stopped working in BO.
Any insight is greatly appreciated.