We are in panic mode ! Our conf is (was) :
- all Exchange servers running under Vmware Esxi hosts,
- 2 CAS servers, W2K8 SP1,
- 4 mailboxes servers, W2K8 SP1,
- 1 DAG, 3 databases, copied across the 4 mailboxes servers, each having 1 iscsi drive for data, 1 iscsi drive for logs
- 2 SAN, under Nexenta to store iscsi drives.
We have tried to add a new member to the DAG. It has completely crashed the DAG, in fact, the cluster under it. We supposed...
We have stop/start several dozens time the mailboxes servers, but nothing is coming back. We are now at the iscsi level, where we are not enable to reactivate each drive :
- on each mailbox server, the permanent list of iscsi LUN/devices is not consistent with the list of drives under "Disk Management". This last tool sees more than its supposed drives (so it list some LUN of an other mailbox server), and all drives are "offline", "reserved". We have tried to put them online with diskpart, and clearing the attributes, but ever failed.
We have temporary been able to access each .EDB file, and each logs folder, and copy all that stuff on a NAS.
Of course, we cannot use our BackupExec backups, as the DAG and the mailboxe servers are all inconsistent.
Any idea ? How can we check disks and remount them correctly ? How can we make the cluster consistent ?