I am attempting to install an AP system for a client. While going through the install process it wants to connect to a SQL 2008 R2 instance. I recieve the following:
Error 27502 Could not coonect to Microsoft SQL Server. Provider cannot be found
I've done the steps below in an attempt to troubleshoot the issue:
1. Ensured that Shared Memory, Named Pipes, and TCP/IP were enabled within 'SQL Server Configuratoin Manager'
2. Windows Firewall (disabled within group policy)
3. ODBC (created connection through interface and tested - success
4. SQLCMD testing (TCP/IP, instance name, IP, TCP\IP port number) - success
5. Event logs are clean
6. Database server entered as both (local\db and servername\db
Thank you an advanceAny ideas as to what is causing my issue?
Server 2003 (up to date on patches etc)
SQL Server 2008 R2 Express (up to date on patches etc)