We help IT Professionals succeed at work.

Microsoft SCCM 2007 SP2 Clients will not install

Hi,
I have built a test lab with Windows 2008 R2 Datacentre as the host. I have installed HyperV and SCVM on the host and create 12 VM's. One of the VM's is a Windows 2008 R2 Server which is running SCCM 2007 R2. I have configured the SCCM and it works OK, It has discovered the other VM's and the host server. However it is not installing the Client agent on the discovered VM's. The CMMSetup files have been copied to the VM's and the CMMsetup service created. The CMMsetup service uses the local system account and will not start. I can start the service by using the local admistrator account and it will start but no install occurs. I did create a SMSadmin account but did not add it to the Local Administrators Group. The VMs are showing as discovered and assigned in SCCM but with no client installed. I hace attached the log files from two VM''s. One named APP-V which is a Wndows 2008 R2 Standard build and the other named WINXP-01 which is a Windows XP Professional SP2 build. Can you plesea advise how I can get the clients to install.

Thanks

Chris WINXP-01-ccmsetup.log WINXP-01-ccmsetup.log
Comment
Watch Question

Nagendra Pratap SinghDesktop Applications Specialist

Commented:
Hi,

I would need more info esp the network account and if the account used to install is a localadmin?

Are you Spanish speaking? There seems to be a language based issue here.

The language specific BITS version wasn't found (Failed to download 'WindowsXP-KB923845-x86-ENU.exe' from 'http://sccm2007r2.labtest.local/CCM_Client/i386/BITS25' with error code 0x80004005).



Also see http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/configmgrsetup/thread/9ef4ce94-b5cd-4e6e-b465-828122813dc8/

Commented:
you will need to add your client push installation account to the local admins group.
Thanks for the advice. I am not Spanish speaking, I am English. The client push installation account is added to the local admins group on all of the targets. However I reset the site roles and the Language issued disappeared which was unusual as the site was only set for English. After further troubleshooting I discovered what the real issue was. I had made a typo error in the Site FQDN. After correcting this all of the clients have installed and are now showing as approved.

Chris