This is all new to me.
I would like to build a small system, not virtual, to help me understand and test programs on SQL Clustering.
This raises the following questions to me:
1) Does anyone sell a economical kit of components to build a sandbox cluster?
2) How do the nodes physically connect to a RAID? Do they both have a ribbon cable to a Raid box with two connectors, and two drive controller cards in the PCs?
3) Is a Domain server needed or can you just have 2 standalone nodes connected to a Raid?
4) Can this configuration be built with 2 regular PCs? Is another controller card need to connect to the Raid?
5) What vendors would you use to assemble these components.
Again this is for my own use, I am hoping to do this for less than $1,000, once I am comfortable with Clustering I will breakdown and sell the components on ebay.