Rear Fan Removal
1. Shut down the system unit as described in “System Unit Shutdown” on page 207.
2. Unplug the power cable.
3. Remove the left side cover as described in “Left Side Cover Removal” on page 208.
4. Remove the cover support bridge as described in “Cover Support Bridge Removal”
on page 216.
5. Disconnect the fan cable from the connector (J34) on the system board. See
“System Board Component Locations” on page 3.
Power Supply Test Switch
246 44P Model 170 Service Guide
6. Pull on the fan from inside while pushing on the rubber shock mounts from outside
the system unit. Use a small screwdriver or ball-point pen to help push the shock
mounts through to the inside of the system unit. Work on one shock mount at a
7. Gently pull the rear fan out of the system unit.
IT issues often require a personalized solution. With Ask the Experts™, submit your questions to our certified professionals and receive unlimited, customized solutions that work for you.