Hi. I am running Windows 7 32-bit, I want to try to run examples like the ones here: http://weka.wikispaces.com/Use+WEKA+in+your+Java+code
I studied a little Java a long time ago but really don't know how to begin.
Is there some simple way to try this out?
1. Do I need to install some special version of Java? How do I check if I have Java running and if it is the right version?
2. Do I have to do things like set a path and where should I most conveniently run these examples
3. I have Weka installed in C:\Program Files\Weka-3-7 and the weka.jar file is located there. Do I need to run these examples in that folder?
4. How do I run one of these examples? Can I just copy and paste the example and put it in a text editor and save it? and where should I save it and with what file extension. Is there some text editor I should use? I have notepad++.
5. How do I call the file created in #4?
6. When reading in a data file, do I have to put it somewhere special? For example, it says " DataSource source = new DataSource("/some/where/da
". Can I have the data.arff file anywhere as long as I reference its location properly in "/some/where/data.arff"?
Thanks for the help!!!