Looking for resources, ideas, experiences, components, units, third party solutions, etc. to help me get down the road with a new project which is an email autoresponse system that responds back with status data based on a common ID number in the subject line.
Here is how it might work:
1) We setup a dedicated email account to receive emails from a customer.
3) Customer sends email to that account with common ID number in subject line.
4) Return email address and common ID number are extracted from email for processing.
5) System retrieves status information from our SQL database based on dedicated email account it was sent to (to identify which customer) and common ID number to identify specific order they want status on.
6) System sends status information back to the requestor in an autogenerated return email with status in the body of the email or attachment.
Current System details:
Exhange 2010, SQL 2005, Delphi XE2 or prior, Windows hyper-v environment.
Thanks for your thoughts on this.