2007 to 2010 Cross Forest Migration, New-MoveRequest Error

I have followed the MS recommended cross-forest migration process from Exhcange 2007 to 2010. However, after successfully running the Prepare-MoveRequest.ps1 and trying to perform the actual mailbox migration i get the following error:
"Parameter -RemoteTargetDatabase must be specified.

The command i am using, identical to MS's example and similar cases found here:
New-MoveRequest -Identity 'test3@newdomain.com' -RemoteLegacy -TargetDatabase 'Storage Group' -RemoteGlobalCatalog 'dc01.oldDomain.Old.com' -RemoteCredential $RemoteCredentials -TargetDeliveryDomain 'Mailboxserver01.newdomain.com'

Its almost as though its trying to migrate the wrong way (from 2010 to 2007). If i do as it says and change targetdatabase to remotetargetdatabase it give my the obvious 'Source user 'test3' doesn't have a primary mailbox.' which further enforces my theory.
jav-cvmAsked:
Who is Participating?

[Product update] Infrastructure Analysis Tool is now available with Business Accounts.Learn More

x
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

Jeff PerryWindows AdministratorCommented:
Have you tried it with the Outbound parameter?

'Outbound
 Required
 System.Management.Automation.SwitchParameter
 The Outbound switch specifies that this mailbox move is a cross-forest move and is being initiated from the source forest. You don't have to specify a value with this parameter.

You can't use this parameter in conjunction with the Remote switch.
 '

Found here http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd351123.aspx
0
jav-cvmAuthor Commented:
I am initiating from the Target forest with 2010.
0
jav-cvmAuthor Commented:
Success when I created a new test user and did things in the following order:
- Prepare-MoveRequest.ps1
- New-MoveRequest
- ADMT steps

with the problem test user above i had done the following:
- Prepare-MoveRequest.ps1
- ADMT steps
- New-MoveRequest

I believe this was the source of my problems. Any insight as to why?

I checked throughout the ADMT process to ensure no Prepare-MoveRequest.ps1 created Exchange attributes were being overwritten, i could not find any that had been. Only difference I could see was that the user is disabled in during the move in when using the correct process.

I also disabled UAC and rebooted (not the first reboot while experiencing this error), not sure if that had an effect.

Thanks all for your assistance, i am a long time user of EE, first time posting.
 
0

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
jav-cvmAuthor Commented:
Tried again with a fresh test user and performed the tasks in the MS recommended order. Although i had thought the order arbitrary, it seemed to resolve my problem.
0
Jeff PerryWindows AdministratorCommented:
Sorry I couldn't have been more help but glad you got it working.

Without further investigating to understand it better I would guess the order of the steps you mentioned.
0
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Exchange

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.