Report won't run in CRM 4.0


I have a report that has worked in the past but I needed to make a change to works in SSRS 2005.  After editing the report, I saved it and uploaded to CRM.  Then I went to run the report and I got an error that the report could not be displayed.

Any ideas on why that might have happened and how to fix it?

Who is Participating?

[Product update] Infrastructure Analysis Tool is now available with Business Accounts.Learn More

I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

Is there any error message with more detailed information? Look at eventviewer..
Also, if your report has credentials, check that their are not expired.
Best regards.
mschmidt14Author Commented:
So we checked the errors in the event viewer and found the reason has to do with an update statement I put in the query.  I wanted the table to update on whether another field contained a 1 or not.   The only way I knew to do this was to create a seperate dataset with this query.

update filteredcsisurvey
set status =
  CASE  WHEN recommend > 1
 THEN 'Resolved'
  ELSE 'Active'

Select distinct status
From filteredcsisurvey
Where recommend >= 1

The error we get is as follows.

Event Type: Error

Event Source:     MSCRMReportingDataConnector

Event Category:   None

Event ID:   19972

Date:       12/21/2011

Time:       3:42:42 PM

User:       N/A

Computer:   XXXXXX


Report data set execution failure. Error: The UPDATE permission was denied on the object 'Filteredcsisurvey', database 'MyCompany_MSCRM', schema 'dbo'.

Do you know of another way I can do this?

With such information I'm unable to recommend another path to achieve it..
But even if datasets are worse than Sadam and Osama together, your method seems to be OK, except that you need more permissions on DDBB. Check that current user has the proper rights on dbo schema to trigger the update.
Best regards
mschmidt14Author Commented:
It was the update statement that was killing it.  CRM didn't want to handle that piece for some reason.  I removed the update portion and it ran just fine.

Thanks for trying.

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
This question has been classified as abandoned and is closed as part of the Cleanup Program. See the recommendation for more details.
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.