I have the following environment:
- Visual Studio 2005
- .NET Framework 2.0
- Windows Server 2003
I am creating a web application, which have the following functions...
- Single START button to start the EE process
- EE Process is still running even though web browser is closed
- EE Process will retrieve Client record from our database and call Vendor provided API to send SMS.
- Approximately 100,000 mobile numbers need to send each day
- Each API call take about 5 seconds
What do you recommend for completing this application?
What is the common technique required to running the long running task?