Client has an HP Dv7 laptop that will not boot and there is no display on the screen. The machine turns on and the only noise from the machine are the fans and the DVD drive, which continuously tries to read a disk. There is no disk in the machine. All of the lights on the machine are displayed and the CAPS Lock and NUM Lock lights continuously blink on and off.
I have tried the following solutions:
1. Inserted a random disk into the DVD drive: Drive reads disk, resets, and tries reading disk again.
2. Removed DVD drive from machine: Machine turns on, no hard drive activity no monitor display
3. Removed RAM from machine: Turned machine back on with no RAM, no beeps from MOBO
4. Removed Battery and Power Supply, held power button for 20 seconds, connected power supply, turned machine back on: No HDD activity, no display.
5. Connected to external monitor via VGA: no display
Any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated!