I have a workbook that has a sheet named 'Visa Consolidated'. I need a button on that sheet, that when clicked does the following WHEN date in Col F = today's date:
1. Opens up a new spreadsheet (example attached: Visa - smDec16-11-example.xls)
2. Pastes value from Col B (from Visa Consolidated) to Col A (Visa - smDec16-11-example.xls)
3. Pastes Value from Col E (from Visa Consolidated) to Col C (Visa - smDec16-11-example.xls)
4. Insert text 'EUR' into Col B (from Visa - smDec16-11-example.xls)
5. Insert text: 'smCurrentYearMonthDate1' into Col D (of Visa - smDec16-11-example.xls), where 'smCurrentYearMonthDate1' would format as: sm201112161. 2011 is tomorrow's year, 12 is tomorrow's month and 16 is tomorrow's date and 1 is the first in the sequence of numbers. (sm201112161, sm201112162, sm201112163, etc.)
If tomorrow's date was January 5, 2012, the value in Col D would be: 'sm201201051. If tomorrow's date were
February 18, 2012 Col D would be: sm201202181)
HOWEVER tomorrow's date cannot be a Saturday or Sunday. If tomorrow's date falls on a Saturday or Sunday it must go to Monday's date.
6. Save the file as "Visa - Sovereign smTomorrow's Date-year.xls" (example: 'Visa - smDec16-11.xls' If tomorrow's date was January 5, 2012, the file would be saved as: 'Visa - smJan05-12.xls')
HOWEVER it CANNOT save the file with a date that falls on a Saturday or Sunday. If tomorrow's date falls on a
Saturday or Sunday it must go to Monday's date. It is saved to this folder:
- saved, but is kept open in case edits have to be made.
NEXT STEP WILL BE ANOTHER RELATED QUESTION: TO ATTACH THE NEWLY CREATED SPREADSHEET TO AN EMAIL AND SEND IT TO A SPECIFIC EMAIL ADDRESS WITH A SUBJECT AND BODY