We are using Dell server with the following specs
DELL™ PowerEdge™ R210 Server
PERC S100 support RAID 0,1
1 x Intel® Xeon® Quad-Core X3440, 2.53 GHz, 8M Cache, Turbo, HT
2 x 2GB DDR3-1333MHz (PC3-10600) ECC RDIMMs/UDIMMs
2 x DELL 250-GB 7.2k SATA 3.0-Gb/s Enterprise
The total HDD space is 250 GB (RAID 1) only and is now getting quite small. I'd like to swap it totally to 2 x 1TB Western Digital SATA drive.
What would be the best practice in this case please ?
I am thinking
- Copy all data on D partition to an External USB
- Ghost the current OS (on C drive) to External USB
- Replace the 2 HDDs, create a new RAID 1
- Restore the OS from the old Ghost file
- Copy all D drive data back from USB
Any complication or experience that you guys might share please ?