I have encounter this situation and need your help.
I have two end users, both use laptop and log into the compute with their own local account. Everything is fine until I configured outlook on their computer.
The account lock-out started to happen.
I set outlook do not cache the credential, so every time they launch outlook, the authentication window prompted, I ask them to use this format to login
They can log in. But after a short moment, they cannot receive or send e-mail. I checked and found their account lock-out.
The reason I think this is related to outlook is because after I unlocked their account, as long as they do not log into outlook, their account is fine all day.
Our AD is win server 2003 Enterprise SP2
client laptop: win7 Enterprise and win7 enterprise SP1
So far i found one trick to solve this:
On my test machine, I made the test domain account the same as local account. and the passwords are the same.
I used both to log in and i saw two folders under "Users" folder:
And I use abc to log into local computer, and user abc.domain.com to authenticated while use outlook. (passwords are the same for these 2 accounts)This way, the domain account will not be locked out.
But this is not really a solid solution and required to change user's local account to the same form as domain account. So did the password.
Thanks and happy holidays.