I came across issue while installing Cisco VPN client in Winvista 32bit system which is annoying.
Let me tell you the situation:
1. After fresh installation of OS, installed VPN client which worked fine for few months.
2. Later like after 2 months, VPN client stopped working.
3. Un Installed VPN client and tried installing again to fix the issue.
4. Installation works fine around 90% but at the end it gives the error saying "Error 27848. Network Component installation requires a reboot first, to free locked resources. Run this install again after restarting the computer".
5. I fixed above issue by applying following command from cmd mode "regsvr32 /u dneinobj.dll" which fixed the above error.
6. Tried running setup again which gave different error this time"Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor"
7. Installer what I installed is the same and it is working one which is running fine in other systems without any issues.
I googled about this issue, there are lot of response says it could be because of Corrupt OS files.
Tried all possibilities i could do and take a look at screen shots of error.