We are looking to create a Disaster Recovery Site for some of our client's Servers. We are installing a VMWare vSphere ESXi high availability cluster in a Datacenter for this purpose.
We would like to be able to backup our client's Servers every day, and be able to run them as a Virtual Machine at our DR Site so the clients can use them if their own Servers fail.
1. What are the different ways to accomplish this?
2. Do our clients have to be running their Servers virtual, or can they be physical?
3. What backup software can do this? Backup Exec? Veeam? Others?
4. Would we need some kind of BDR Appliance at each client's site?
5. What else is needed for this scenario?
Thanks for your help!