Is there any way to filter columns (i.e. filter horizontally) in Excel (2010)?
The only way I can think of to do that would be to:
1) select all columns in the desired range
2) hide all selected columns
3) select the row to be filtered
4) open the Find box (Ctrl+F)
5) enter the value to be filtered
6) click Find All
7) select all (Ctrl+A)
8) unhide selected cells (columns)
Even going through all those steps, it would only be useful for viewing since many of the advantages of regular vertical filtering relate to the hidden rows being unaffected by various actions such as pasting, etc. Taking the steps I listed above would not prevent the hidden columns from being affected in whatever way the unhidden columns are affected by various actions.
If there is a way to create a horizontal filter with the same characteristics as the typical vertical filter, I would be very happy to hear about it.