LibreOffice macro error -- #Value

Experts,

I'm trying to create macros to handle a number of spreadsheet routines in LibreOffice Calc.

The output of every single function has suddenly become #VALUE in the spreadsheet.

And as a corollary, the numeric output when they did work had four decimal places -- no amount of formatting would convert them to currency.

Can you help?

Capt Alberta
Glen GibbOwnerAsked:
Who is Participating?

[Product update] Infrastructure Analysis Tool is now available with Business Accounts.Learn More

x
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

ltlbearand3Commented:
capt_alberta,

I am not sure right off what could be the problem.  A little more information would help out.  Could you please post either the spreadsheet you are using (make sure all confidential information is removed) or post the code of one or two macros.  That way we can take a closer look to see what exactly is happening.

-Bear
0

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
Glen GibbOwnerAuthor Commented:
Thanks for getting back to me, Bear.

I'll post the resolution for anyone who runs into the same issue.  I surely did do a lot of fruitless searching, so I hope someone can profit from my experience.

The issue was to search Google for "StarBasic," which took me awhile to figure out.

The search will lead you to a number of good sites.  The following link was most useful:   OOMacros

The gist of my errors was the Error Handling in StarBasic:  I am used to the VBA syntax (Err.Number, Err.Source, Err.Description, etc.)  StarBasic returns the errorNumber in "Err", the error message in Error$ and the line number in Erl.  

Once I replaced the offending code, everything smoothed out.

I'm awarding you the points.   Tnx.
0
Glen GibbOwnerAuthor Commented:
Happy New Year!
0
Glen GibbOwnerAuthor Commented:
Oh, and the strange number formatting is what StarBasic does with currency:  $2.00 looks like this -- 2.0000.    To handle the number formatting, I changed the currency datatype to "single."

Cheers,

Capt
0
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Microsoft Excel

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.