I am moving a public folder store from Exchange Server 1 to Exchange Server 2. Exchange Server 1 is going away. I completed the steps below, but when I try dismounting the Public Folder store on Exchange Server 1, I'm not able to access the public folders from Outlook clients on the network. Is there more that I would need to do?
1. Run: Get-PublicFolder -Recurse | fl Name, Replicas
Verify that each public folder has both replicas listed.
2. Retarget the replicas
.\Moveallreplicas.ps1 –server IPEXCH -newserver Exchange Server 2
3. Force an update of the hierarchy on the new server.
Update-PublicFolderHierarchy -Server Exchange Server 2
4. Verify the hierarchy has been moved:
Get-PublicFolder \ -Recurse | ft name,parentpath,replicas
5. Double check the content on the new server:
Get-PublicFolderStatistics -server Exchange Server 1 -resultsize 1000
6. Double check the content on new server.
Get-PublicFolderStatistics -server Exchange Server 2