I need a high level installation steps of SharePoint Server 2010 and SQL server 2008, for following scenario.
-I'm going to install SharePoint server 2010 for a company of about 20 users.
We have one brand new server, also We have one existing Windows Server 2008 server that is the only server of the company, for Sharing, Active directory, Application server, Backup server and so on.
My goal is to install the SharePoint Server 2010 in the new server also move all the applications to this new server and use the old server just for Sharing and Backup.
So I like to have following on the new server:
1. SharePoint Server 2010
2. A few web base applications, all IIS base that have SQL server in back (Very light use).
3. Domain controler (Since the company has just one server I like this server be a part of Active directory domain to have a redundancy).
My main concern is:
1. How to co-esist SQL server for SharePoint with SQL srever for applications?
- Witch SQL should be the default and with Witch one the Name server?
2. Is it OK the server be a part of Domain and keep the active directory?
Thank you in advance