Converting 110v 60hz to 220v 50hz

I bought a really nice amplifier when I lived in Germany.  I live in Florida now.
The amp only runs on 220v / 50hz (European power).  It is rated at 100W.  I have two of them.

I need either:
A)  A source for converter that will not only step up the voltage from 110v to 220v, but will also convert the frequency from 60hz to 50hz.
B)  Plans / Schematics for said converter so I can build it myself.
Who is Participating?

[Product update] Infrastructure Analysis Tool is now available with Business Accounts.Learn More

I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

Lee W, MVPTechnology and Business Process AdvisorCommented:
Have you tried Radio Shack?  just a guess... but they tend to have things like this... If not, this link offers at least the terminology for you to look for at another vendor (and there seems to be MANY that offer them based on a Google search).
relax - all you need is a simple transformer to convert the 110 to 220 AC The difference in frequency will not be a factor. The internal power supply will create the DC needed to run the amplifier and the AC frequency will not matter.
There will be a little difference in how the transformer operates but the difference will not be significant
dbruntonQuid, Me Anxius Sum?  Illegitimi non carborundum.Commented:
Might be cheaper to buy a unit to do it for you.

See as an example.

Note that this is 500 watts AC and doesn't necessarily relate to your amplifier's rating.
IT Pros Agree: AI and Machine Learning Key

We’d all like to think our company’s data is well protected, but when you ask IT professionals they admit the data probably is not as safe as it could be.

I agree with aburr and dbrunton completely.

There are several units here:

For your two 100 watt amplifiers, I would go with the 500 watt capacity transformer.
AviationAceSole-ProprietorAuthor Commented:
aburr: I have heard that before.  The question I have is - are you sure?
andyalderSaggar maker's framemakerCommented: says "Unless specified by the manufacturer to operate on both 50 and 60 Hz, appliances may not operate efficiently or even safely if used on anything other than the intended frequency." That really applies only to motors or anything that uses ferro-resonance, not switch mode PSUs.
The question I have is - are you sure?

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
AviationAceSole-ProprietorAuthor Commented:
Thanks for the insights!
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Math / Science

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.