Outlook Attachments Fail to send

Reference;
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Software/Server_Software/Email_Servers/Exchange/Q_22143099.html

Same issue in our Enterprise environment.  As soon as we went to Microsoft Hosted E-Mail our customers began reporting an inability to send mail messages through the Outlook client with attachments.  There seems to be some thresh hold regarding size before the problem occures AND consistant failure is seen with attachments as small as 2 -3 MB.  This does NOT occure on our LAN segments and seems to be limmitted to sites with smaller bandwidth. (<=3MB)

Attached logs are from a laptop (WIN7 office 2010 patched and updated) that successfully sent the same message from a LAN segment and then saw the failure at a remote site.  Once the device was returned to the LAN segment it sent the messages succesfully.  Seeing the issue on XP SP3, Office 2010 also.

Went back to the site and ran the Outlook Anywhere (RPC over HTTP test located at; https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com  FAILED

Application log from the PC shows multiple Outlook event informational entries identical to this;
Log Name:      Application
Source:        Outlook
Date:          1/5/2012 12:52:08 PM
Event ID:      19
Task Category: None
Level:         Information
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      XXXX.XXXX.XXX.XXX
Description:
Rpc call (Unknown) on transport (ncacn_http) to server (outlook.055d.mgd.msft.net) failed with error code (6be) after waiting (0) ms; eeInfo (Block (0), Error = 6be, Version = 1,

GeneratingComponent = 2, DetectionLocation = 6ae, Flags = 0, Params = 1, [Param (0) Type = eeptLongVal, Value = 1], Block (1), Error = c0021009, Version = 1, GeneratingComponent = 2,

DetectionLocation = 6b8, Flags = 0, Params = 0, Block (2), Error = c0021009, Version = 1, GeneratingComponent = d, DetectionLocation = 579, Flags = 0, Params = 0, Block (3), Error = c0021009,

Version = 1, GeneratingComponent = e, DetectionLocation = 567, Flags = 0, Params = 2, [Param (0) Type = eeptLongVal, Value = 2ef1], [Param (1) Type = eeptUnicodeString, Value =

/rpc/rpcproxy.dll?outlook.055d.mgd.msft.net:6001]).
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Outlook" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="16384">19</EventID>
    <Level>4</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2012-01-05T18:52:08.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>11870</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>DHS1568310.mn-dhs1.co.dhs</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>Unknown</Data>
    <Data>ncacn_http</Data>
    <Data>outlook.055d.mgd.msft.net</Data>
    <Data>6be</Data>
    <Data>0</Data>
    <Data>Block (0), Error = 6be, Version = 1, GeneratingComponent = 2, DetectionLocation = 6ae, Flags = 0, Params = 1, [Param (0) Type = eeptLongVal, Value = 1], Block (1), Error = c0021009,

Version = 1, GeneratingComponent = 2, DetectionLocation = 6b8, Flags = 0, Params = 0, Block (2), Error = c0021009, Version = 1, GeneratingComponent = d, DetectionLocation = 579, Flags = 0,

Params = 0, Block (3), Error = c0021009, Version = 1, GeneratingComponent = e, DetectionLocation = 567, Flags = 0, Params = 2, [Param (0) Type = eeptLongVal, Value = 2ef1], [Param (1) Type =

eeptUnicodeString, Value = /rpc/rpcproxy.dll?outlook.055d.mgd.msft.net:6001]</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

The "after waiting (0) ms" ranges from zero to 31956

I have to believe this has been solved and I sure can't find the "fix" after spending a hair pulling 10 hours of keyboard pounding.  Hoping someone here can get us going in the right direction!

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Deke




BB-OPMLog.log
DekeFentleAsked:
Who is Participating?
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

apache09Commented:
Gut feeling is that this is likley caused or due to corrupt MAPI Dlls

Might try repairing the Mapi dlls on one of the clients

http://www.ctimls.com/Support/KB/Error%20Fixes/Fix_Mapi_error.htm
0
kadadi_vIT AdminCommented:
Antivirus / Firewall is installed on SBS Server..?
Which blocks the email attachments.

And also check the allow attachment settings in MS-Exchange server.

Regards,
Vijay Kadadi
0
DekeFentleAuthor Commented:
Thank you for your attention gentlmen.  After some exhaustive research we found that the root cause was firm ware revisions on some of our Cisco 3002 ASA devices.  It never ceases to amaze me that in attempting to get staff to clarify cominalities it takes a month to get the information nailed down.

Thanks again this issue is sovled.
0

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
DekeFentleAuthor Commented:
Not sure how to grade this and I do not have the firmware versions at hand to record here.  In acuatlity we are replacing the 3002 ASA's with new routers as they are at end of life anyway.
0
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Email Servers

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.