Hi All i have Two windows server 2003 domain controllers DC1 and DC2, DC1 is the first Domain Controller in the domain.
I created a logon script to create a few Network drives for when users logon, and i have found issue where the drives do not always map, they may have to logon and logoff a couple of times before it will work when i looked in the event log of DC1 i found the following
Event Type: Error
Event Source: NTDS Replication
Event Category: DS RPC Client
Event ID: 2087
User: NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON
Active Directory could not resolve the following DNS host name of the source domain controller to an IP address. This error prevents additions, deletions and changes in Active Directory from replicating between one or more domain controllers in the forest. Security groups, group policy, users and computers and their passwords will be inconsistent between domain controllers until this error is resolved, potentially affecting logon authentication and access to network resources.
Source domain controller:
Failing DNS host name:
NOTE: By default, only up to 10 DNS failures are shown for any given 12 hour period, even if more than 10 failures occur. To log all individual failure events, set the following diagnostics registry value to 1:
22 DS RPC Client
1) If the source domain controller is no longer functioning or its operating system has been reinstalled with a different computer name or NTDSDSA object GUID, remove the source domain controller's metadata with ntdsutil.exe, using the steps outlined in MSKB article 216498.
2) Confirm that the source domain controller is running Active directory and is accessible on the network by typing "net view \\<source DC name>" or "ping <source DC name>".
3) Verify that the source domain controller is using a valid DNS server for DNS services, and that the source domain controller's host record and CNAME record are correctly registered, using the DNS Enhanced version of DCDIAG.EXE available on http://www.microsoft.com/dns
4) Verify that that this destination domain controller is using a valid DNS server for DNS services, by running the DNS Enhanced version of DCDIAG.EXE command on the console of the destination domain controller, as follows:
5) For further analysis of DNS error failures see KB 824449:
11004 The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found.
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp
could this be part of the problem or does anybody have any other idears