We are having the following issue:
1. A selection in Excel (Citrix) session is done
2. This selection is copied into clipboard (Edit > Copy)
3. Then a Paste Special … is done into Powerpoint (locally installed and started)
4. when a Paste As … an Enhanced Metafile or Windows Metafile is done, the selection is cut off (no all selection is pasted)
5. when a Paste As … an Device Independent Bitmap is done the all selection is pasted
What are the exact steps we used for our tests:
1. Start EXCEL (2007 if possible) Citrix session
2. Start POWERPOINT (2007 if possible) installed locally on workstation
3. Open EXCEL document in Citrix session
4. Select zone
6. Back to POWERPOINT
7. Paste Special ...
8. Paste As: Picture (Enhanced Metafile) --> Cut off
9. Add New Slide and repeat Copy Paste Special action
10. Paste As: Picture (Windows Metafile) --> Cut off
11. Add New Slide and repeat Copy Paste Special action
12. Paste As: Device Independant Bitmap --> ok
We have performed several tests on several versions of Citrix XenApp in combination with different Office versions,
• XenApp 5 + Excel 2007 versus locally Powerpoint 2007 (Delhaize infrastructure)
• XenApp 6 + Office 2010 versus locally Office 2010
• XenApp 6 + Excel 2007 versus locally Powerpoint 2010
• XenApp 6.5 + Excel 2010 versus locally Powerpoint 2010
Unfortunately, the result was the same and this in all cases, regardless of the versions used.
Our issue is the following:
When the paste is done in POWERPOINT the complete selection is not "displayed" it is cut off.
Users are used to choose the Paste As … Enhanced Metafile (when working with locally installed applications -the complete selection is pasted correctly-) and would like to have the same behavior when Copy/Paste from Excel session into Powerpoint locally.