I have created a Mail Contact with an external SMTP address. Require that all senders are authenticated is UNTICKED.
I have created a Mail-enabled Universal Distribution Group with members including both internal users and the Mail Contact created above. Require that all senders are authenticated is UNTICKED.
When an internal user sends an email to the Distribution Group's SMTP address, all members receive the email.
When an external user sends an email to the Distribution Group, only the internal users receive the email. THE MAIL CONTACT WITH THE EXTERNAL SMTP ADDRESS DOES NOT RECIEVE THE EMAIL.
The Message Tracking tool shows:
- The external email is RECEIVEd.
- The Distribution Group members EXPAND correctly.
- There is a TRANSFER and a DELIVER row for the internal users.
- There is a FAIL row for the Mail Contact with the external SMTP address.
I have one Enabled Receive Connector:
- Network: Local IP Address(es): (All available IPv4 addresses) on Port 25.
- Authentication: Transport Layer Security is ticked. Everything else is UNTICKED.
- Permission Groups: Anonymous users is ticked. Everything else is UNTICKED.
I have one Enabled Send Connector:
- Address Space: 1 row: SMTP * TICK 1
- Network: Use domain name system (DNS) "MX" records to route mail auomatically. Everything else is UNTICKED.
I have provided as much information I think is relevant without over-doing it! Let me know if there is other information you need to help resolve this.
Thanks n regs,