We are currently using windows 2003 sp2 and exchange 2003 sp2 on SAN storage.
We would like to upgrade to exchange 2010 environment and windows 2010 Active Directory infrastructure.
Please advise on the best approach to upgrade such as:
1) Should we upgrade to windows 2010 Active Directory first or exchange 2010 first?
2) Are all windows 2003 objects upgraded to windows 2010 Server automatically?
3) Should window server and exchange server on different SAN or it does not matter?
4) Should we add one new exchange 2010 server and use coexist mode?
5) How do we migrate all exchange 2003 mailboxes to exchange 2010 mailboxes?
One by one or ...)
(we have about 1,500 mailboxes)
I am looking for the best upgrade sequence and approach for our scenarios.