I have seen a lot of information out there that seems contradicting so I would like to get a second opinion. Can one 'migrate' from Active Directory 2000 to Active Directory 2008 using the following path:
1. The W2K domain must be at Windows 2000 Native functional level
2. The W2K DC's must be at SP4
3. Join a W2K8 server into the domain
4. Run all of the appropriate ADprep utilities on the appropriate W2K DC.
5. Promote the W2K8 server as a DC
6. Move the FSMO roles, etc. etc.
I guess my point is I do not want to migrate from 2003 and then to 2008.