I have completed a migration from Exchange 2003 to 2010, however I have some lingering issues that I do not yet know how to solve:
1. I can't manage email settings from ADUC anymore. I suspect this is by design since it seems that I am supposed to be doing admin work on email accounts directly from the Exchange EMC. Still, it seems like it should be possible.
2. I cannot manage Full Access permissions or Send As permissions from within the EMC. Attempting to do so results in the following error each time:
Some controls aren't valid.
- Changes in the user/group list are required to grant or remove permissions.
I have ensured that my admin user is in fact in the Organization Management group and I have tried a few shell commands to apply permissions to the account in question but the error does not change. I also checked to make sure the account is inheriting permissions (which it is).
At the moment I cannot properly admin my user accounts because of this.
3. I cannot create users in ADUC and assign them to the Exchange 2010 database. I have to create them in my old 2003 system and migrate them. The option to choose the 2010 database simply does not exist during user creation.
4. Not sure how, but my mail database in 2010 ended up with the name "Mailbox Database 0769875022" - Probably not a big deal but not something I would have chosen to name it if I had the option during install.
- Exchange 2010 SP1 rollup 6 on Windows Server 2008 (64 bit)
- Domain controllers are Windows 2003