Can anyone PLEASE help me understand some of the bizarre behavior I see for the recipients collection?!
When I click on Send, I find that Outlook sets the Recipients.Count property to 0 and the Recipients.Items no longer exist as verified by vba code / watch window / debugger environment during a breakpoint (The 'To' PropertyChange event fires because of this). But then Outlook adds the Items back to the recipient collection - EVEN WHILE THE CODE IS STILL IN THE BREAKPOINT!
It is like Outlook is doing some housecleaning that I cannot trap using the available Item events.
I have code that needs to run whenever there is a change to the 'To' recipients (I compare the last set of 'To' recipients to the 'To' recipients during a PropertyChange event for the 'To' recipients... but Outlook's housekeeping messes things up (i.e. my code thinks "there has been a change to the 'To' recipients" when it seems to merely be a temporary Outlook housecleaning task).
Basically, I am unable to tell (using vba) whether the 'To' recipients were intentionally deleted from the "To:" box (a valid scenario in which case code is run) vs. Outlook temporarily making it appear as if the 'To' recipients were deleted (in which case I don't want any code to run!)
HELP!!!! ; )