we have an exchange server 2003 Std nearing 75gb in the MDBDATA folder.
i've set retention on 0 days, deleted mailboxes, started giving the large users archives.
Message ID 1221 on 2/14 shows 7018mb free space
on 2/16 ID 1221, i got 14329 free space.
however the mb count at MDBDATA looks like it's still going up. 72.1, 72.4 etc.
it just happens that we have another exchange 2003 STD in the same administrative group and so i've moved some of the mailboxes over to be serviced by that machine hoping that the MDBDATA size would go down because of the mailbox moves however that doesn't appear to be the case.
i haven't done offline defrag and been reading that it doesn't help that much. wondering what else i can pull off.
the server runs a mirror drive 160gb total space. i have 53gb freespace left.