We are trying to migrate our DHCP service off of an old Windows 2000 server, onto our newer Windows 2008 server.
I have followed the steps from this link found in similar questions:
Everything seems to have worked fine. When I open DHCP in the Windows 2008 server, everything seems to have imported fine. I authorized the server (I have the little green up arrow in the white circle. All the data looks correct. I disabled the DHCP service on the old Windows 2000 server. (Unauthorized it as well).
Except when I turn on a workstation, and try to do a ipconfig /release
then ipconifg /renew
, I get an error message on the workstation saying that it can't find the DHCP server.