I have one Exchange server installed with Microsoft Exchange server 2003 Service pack 2 [ Build 7638.2]. I have setup this server about 9 month ago and it works well with outlook users.
Most of time it's working fine with IPHONE users, but start about 2 month ago, some time IPHONE users get error message and could not get the emails in. Usually wait for 5 to 10 minutes it gets back to normal. The worst case may take about 2 hours. The IPHONE 4 users also have issue that the emails re download.
From the server event log, I see constantly blow error message. I notice that even when my phone works well (from iphone view) it still generate this error message. I also tired change the settings of IPHONE (push, fetch, etc,)but still same thing. It sounds like every time when IPHONE talk to the exchange server will generate this error message. Some time IPHONE user didn't notice and can get all emails, but some time IPHONE gets error message and email stop downloading especially when more emails need to be downloaded.
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Server ActiveSync
Event Category: None
Event ID: 3005
Time: 3:22:19 PM
Unexpected Exchange mailbox Server error: Server: [a.abc.com] User: [firstname.lastname@example.org] HTTP status code: . Verify that the Exchange mailbox Server is working correctly.
This question is similar to question:
But I already did what it mentioned but still no luck. I followed those instructions when I setup the server at the first time.
The most of time the IPHONE users are OK, just this constantly error message shows up. When user is having the issue, then the more error messages are generated. This message can be generated 3 times in a second. So I think if I can fix this error message, it may fix the IPHONE users email downloading problem.
I spent many hours on this and tried different things I can find online but still did not fix it. I hope the expert here can fix this.
Thank you in advance.