Web technology learning path
Posted on 2012-03-10
I am a Winform developer. Recently I have to switch over to Web programming. I started learning web programming for couple of days. I can now develop basic web pages by Asp.Net, can use little bit of java-script and have basic understanding of css etc.
Now, at this point I am very confused, where to go next?
1. Somebody is telling go for jquery, its lightweight than Silverlite.
2. Somebody is telling why jquery? Go for Silverlite, its richer.
3. Somebody is suggesting json, json is the next step.
4. Why all these? It should be HTML5
5. Somebody suggesting go for the methodologies now, MVC, WCF, WPF etc.
6. Somebody asking hey buddy, you donno webservices? First learn them.
I am very much confused where to go next? I dont have any idea or very little bit of knowledge about what is jquery, silverlite, json, sencha, dojo. Should I learn HTML5 next? Or go for Silverlite or any thing other else?
Currently I am working in VS2010 Ultimate with Windows 7.
Can you please guide me what should be the learning path for me? Can you please give me some idea what are those jquery, json, dojo etc? I get a lots and lots of links in google to make me confused. I need some expert guidance what are those and what should be the learning path. For your information, in my company php is not used.
Please help experts,