I have a problem with one of my customers computer. The server has 2 printers which are pushed by the DC. Today the customer wanted to print on one of the 2 printers but was unable to find the printer. I thought because it was a new user logging into the PC, so tried going to \\dc and install the printer from there. The following error message came up:
I have tried the following things, but all of them result in the same message. I hope you can help me add this printer:
- Restarted the printspooler and then trying to add the printer
- Logged on with the admin account, but still the same problem
- Tried adding a printer directly from TCP/IP address, but still same problem. It can make connection to the printer but at the point of installing the driver, it goes wrong with the same errormessage.
- Tried adding another printer which is shared and this one could install.
- The strange thing is also when I run printui /s /t2 I saw the driverpackage installed, so I deleted it and tried installing the package again but get the same errormessage.
- I was trying to install PS-driver of this printer, but PCL6 also has the same issues.
- I can also ping the printer and get a connection, just installing driver is causing the problem.
- I have looked on other vista-computers and they can print fine, so it's something locally with the PC.
Does someone else has other possibilities?
Thanks in advance!