I am having the lousiest time getting this to work.
I have Server A running Windows Server 2008R2 & SQL Server 2008 R2
I have Server B running Windows Server 2003 R2 and WSS 3.
I installed WSS3 and when using the SPTCW wizard to create a new farm I cannot get it to connect to the SQL Server.
Here is what I have done so far:
1. I can connect to the SQL Server and use it via another server 2003 install with solarwinds orion. That has been running fine for a week.
2. I have ensure 1433/1434 are open in the firewalls.
3. I have even tried disabling the firewalls on both machines but still get he same error.
4. I can ping from Server to Server B and vice versa.
5. I am using a seperate instance as the Solarwinds Database though.
6. I have checked the SQL network config and made sire it matched the Solarwinds instance.
7. I am using a domain account that has been given every single permission on the SQL Server I can think of.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.