I did the following to create a VM
From the vClient
- Click on the Host in the left panel, select Summary Tab
- On Storage panel, right click on the datastore
- Select "Browse Datastore"
- Create a directory in which to copy the image
- Upload the the files to the directory
- Register the VM on the Hypervisor
- Rt click on the .vmx file and Click "ADD to Inventory"
- Enter the VM name
- Select a resource pool
(shows the Host)
- Check VM options and hit "FINISH"
- Configure the Network Settings
- In the Inventory, Rt click on the VM and hit "Edit Settings"
- Hardware Panel: select Netowrk Adapter 1
- Network Config Panel: Select Network from Network Connection
pull down menu
- Click OK
- At this point I can successfully power on the VM
Now, at this point I have not specified the size of the disk, or the number of CPU's or the amount of memory
I have 2 questions
- Why did the VClient not ask me how much database storage I wanted to take up
- How can I modify the number of CPU's and how much memory is dedicated to the VM