Security Analyst


What the courses/training courses are needed to be a Linux security analyst?

Who is Participating?

[Product update] Infrastructure Analysis Tool is now available with Business Accounts.Learn More

I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

Depends on whats your current status and in which Linux / Unix OS you are looking for.

For redhat
If you are already RHCE certified you can go for RHCSS else RHCE will be the first target.



Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
Start with the Linux+ and Security+ then move through the different courses (LPIC-2, LPIC-3, etc.)

Also, be sure to get the specific certifications for the distro you will be using.

No certifications are required. You can try some IT audit certification.
Determine the Perfect Price for Your IT Services

Do you wonder if your IT business is truly profitable or if you should raise your prices? Learn how to calculate your overhead burden with our free interactive tool and use it to determine the right price for your IT services. Download your free eBook now!

Yes, of course there are no requirements for a job position.  However, these help...  It is the knowledge that matters.  And experience helps too.
ang3lusAuthor Commented:
Thanks Guys

I am a recently graduated student with a masters of computer security.

I have a good experience with Ubuntu distribution and i am planing to take training courses

in RHCE then RHCSS as prerakg advice me before.

if you have any more advices i will be more appreciated.

Thanks again
If you want to be a security analyst/engineer you should also have some security certifications.  SANS has some good ones, as well as ISC2 and CompTIA's Security+.
Probably your university degree contains most of what certificates require. Or maybe not...
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.