I am loading drivers onto a print server, Server 2008R2, I am loading both 64 bit and 32 bit drivers to be served to our users. This is a brand new server, the only thing on this server is print services. The first time I installed the drivers, tested them from my 64 bit machine, no problems, everything was in English. I got a call a few days ago stating that the Printer Properties screen was in Chinese. The user was on a 32 bit machine, so I tested it, had another admin friend test it, sure enough, the printer properties were in Chinese when loaded onto a 32 bit system. I even got calls from other organizations stating the same problem. I uninstalled the drivers, deleted the driver files in the driverstore, reinstalled the drivers, still having the same problem, with an added problem. Now, on the server, 2 of the tabs of the printer properties show up in Chinese, everything else is in English. The printer properties are still in Chinese on the 32 bit systems.
I called HP to try and fix the problem. The first time I called they suggested I try reinstalling the drivers (gee, thanks HP!), which I had already done. They had me download another set of drivers, which still had the same problem. I called back, and the lady said it was a known issue, and I need to use the DJ500 drivers. I downloaded the 64 bit and 32 bit drivers, went to install them, and the extractor will not work on Server 2008R2.
I am at a total loss as to what to do. Aside from using sneakernet to manually install the drivers, which is a last resort due to the environment, I have no idea how to address this problem.
*Edit: There are several HP MFPs, Xerox, and Canon printers working fine with both 64 and 32 bit drivers on the print server.