I'm needing some fundamental help.
The goal is to be able to make a portable image that I can APPLY/RESTORE to a hard drive and have Windows 7 up and running quickly.
I have copy of Windows P.E. that I can boot and create images with GimageX.
I tried to APPLY one of the images,
the resultant hard drive was not bootable.
More background -
We have a domain and an enterprise agreement,
I thought I could simply:
1) take a running W7 machine
2) make sure windows and office and all other apps were up-to-date.
2a) , remove it from the domain and rename it.
3) boot winPE and CAPTURE an image with GimageX to a partition.
4) copy the image to a USB drive.
5) boot winPE on a new machine.
6) restore the image.
7) boot locally to the new machine as admin and rename the machine.
8) join the domain with the new name.
9) repeat steps 5 - 8 on the next 50 machines.
what am I missing - be nice;-)