Malware and spam posts
Posted on 2012-03-13
1) When spam posts appear on user’s tweets/facebook posts, which wasn’t them intentionally posting spam, i.e. something/someone’s posted on their behalf – how has it happened/appeared? Is it malware or something else? How would that malware infect the users account?
2) Is it typically malware has infected on their client first (be that PC or SmartPhone), then got on to their account, or is it just targeting their FB/twitter account, and doesn’t need to infect their Smartphone/PC first?
3) If a SmartPhone malware infected a FB account, can that same malware be evident on a desktop PC? Or aren’t malware the same for both smartphones and PC’s? I.e. if a Smartphone got malware, and that smartphone was attached to a PC – can the PC be infected.
4) If an FB account or Twitter account has been compromised and such spam posts are happening on their
5) What else aside from up to date AV definitions can you do to keep malware off your machine? Are the types of FB malware i.e. if you clicked the spam link going to infect your PC or just Smartphone?