I have a table and trigger that is a duplicate in the design of another table in a different database.
While the table in the other database successfully allows the records to be inserted, and completes the trigger instruction, the one I am having trouble with, does not.
First I ran the Script 'Create To' for the table and then the trigger. I then changed the database reference and ran each script. Next I performed the same duplication , but re-pointing the variables and database target.
When I ran the SSIS job, it showed the correct number of reads from the source file, but ended up stating that 0 records were written.
When I disabled the trigger, and reran the SSIS job, it had 100% of the read records written to the table.
I have looked numerous times and have not seen a single reason why the trigger should not work. I have rebuilt it dozens of times.