I am looking for a way to install Microsoft Office 2010 ProPlus silently on the a PC. In the past we have always just taken a couple of CD's and then manually installed/Upgraded Microsoft Office Applications going desk to desk.
It worked; but, I would like to find a more efficient way of updating our computers. I tried out the instructions that I read in a technet article http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd630736
; but, i was unsuccessful.
1. I copied the instaltion files from a CD to a computer and shared the folder.
2. I opened a command prompt and I typed(without quotes) "\\sal002570\Office2010\se
tup.exe /config \\sal002570\Office2010\Pro
3. I did change the config.xml file to have the following commad: <Display Level="none" CompletionNotice="no" SuppressModal="yes" AcceptEula="yes" />
4. I tried this on a Windows 7 Professional PC.
5. After I execute the command line above, I just see the PC trying do something (pausing/hourglass) for 2 seconds and then it quits.
If anyone has a better way of setting up a silent installation of Microsoft 2010, I would be willing to try it out. Or another way of updating PC's besides manually clicking through an installation.