VB Script for active directory logon
Posted on 2012-03-15
I am going to deploy a new AD under windows 2008 to run at logon. I am seeking a sample script that allows the following functionality:
1. Check if home user directory exists, if it does not, create and set permissions to the user
2. check to see if any drive mappings exist, if they do remove all of them
3. check what groups the user is a member and map drives and printers accordingly
4. if user is a member of VDI group, redirect my documents, desktop, etc to user home directory (i.e. \\myshare\users\%username%\VDI\).
5. check to see that outlook has a default profile if it does not make one and set it (outlook 2007-2010)
I would prefer to do this in VB, I know Windows 2008 has some limited functionality to do some of this but we still have a large number of windows xp systems on the network that can not be upgraded any time soon.
If you need any other questions please ask :)