Copy Exchange 2010 SP1 mailbox to Outlook 2007
Posted on 2012-03-16
Situation: User's workstation was in a workgroup from T0 to T1, then a client on my domain (Server 2008 R1, Exchange 2010 SP1) from T1 to T2, then back in a workgroup from T2 to present. User has in Outlook messages during the T0 to T1 period and T2 to present.
Problem/Need: Get messages on the server for the period T1 to T2 into the local Outlook.
Tried so far:
1. Joined the workstation to the domain again and archived the messages on the server to a PST file. Removed from the domain, and imported messages from the archive pst file. Outlook goes through the motions and appears to be performing the task, but the messages are not in the inbox, which still has nothing in the T1 to T2 time period.
2. Joined the domain again and changed to Cached Exchange Mode. Outlook downloads the messages, but into an OST file (that is, not PST file). Removed from the domain and attempted to import the OST file, but Outlook refuses saying it it not an Outlook data file.
Possible contributing / complicating factor.
1. When joined to the domain, user logged on as janj. The ost file created by changing to Cached Exchange Mode is created in the profile user profile for janj.
2. When not joined to the domain, user logs on as jan.
3. The Personal Folder properties when logged on as jan indicates that the PST file is in users\owner\etc, not in users\jan.
Any suggestions out there? (This morning I'm going to explore what is available by way of exporting a file working at the server, but thought I'd post this question before I head in.)