• Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 539
  • Last Modified:

Unable to deploy thru SCCM

Hi Guys

I am having issues deploying a software thru SCCM. I have done that before, but i am strugling this time. I created a collection with only 1 computer in it, and then created the package with the msi file and the command line for the execution. I have already tested the MSI file with the proper command line locally on a computer to verify everything with the software and commandline is working. So i right click the collection to deploy the software, and then complete the wizard that follows. The thing is, it looks like everything is working properly, except for the installation itself. It seems like nothing happens neither on the server side and the client side. I have already verified that the targeted computer have the client installed. The worst part is that in the log section on the server, it shows that the job was created and then nothing more, neither any error or any confirmaton of the installation. See attached file for the log it creates:


Some technical information:

I am running SCCM version 4.00.6487.2000

on a Windows server 2003 R2 Standard Edition
Log.txt
0
Bjarte Fjelland
Asked:
Bjarte Fjelland
  • 3
2 Solutions
 
Bjarte FjellandAuthor Commented:
Oki guys, now finally it is deploying the software to the client computers, but it is simply not installing it. You do see a msg that there is a software about to run in x minutes etc, but nothing happens. From the log files, it does not mention anything spesific on why it was not able to install, but i wonder if there is something wrong with the command line i am using.

Software i am trying to deploy is called Symantec Backup Exec and i do have both a .exe and .msi file. I decided to use the .msi file and here is the command line i have entered:


msiexec.exe /q /i "Symantec Backup Exec Desktop Agent.msi" DEFAUL
TMEDIASERVER="SCCMSERVER" DLODBINSTANCENAME="BKUPEXEC" LAUNCHCLIENT="1"


Could anyone please varify if that command is correct?


Before i added this command, i did try it locally on a computer, and it did work but its still not working with SCCM.
0
 
Bjarte FjellandAuthor Commented:
Very annoying to not even get a single reply, yet i am paying for this service. Anyway, i fixed the problem myself.


Even though its very unlikely to happen, still i would appritiate if someone could reply on my following question.

I have had some changes in my network so i had to change things like Boundaries and OU. After doing that, it does display all the computers from the network, but in information it says Client: NO and Approved N/A on around 60% of the computers, even though i have pushed the client to all the computers. Why is that so?
0
 
Vadim RappCommented:
The reason you are not getting any responses is because troubleshooting SMS/SCCM is really difficult because of big number of various processes involved and accordingly very big number of things that can go wrong. For starters, look at this page: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb892800.aspx - this is only the list of all log files.

Try installing the client manually from those problematic workstations, check if they see the share. Check permissions on the share, specify everyone with read access in both share and ntfs permissions. Check ccmsetup.log.

Check this thread: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/configmgrsetup/thread/78345405-4e92-4f25-820d-32df8b37307d/ , same problem as yours, and numerous troubleshooting steps.
0
 
Bjarte FjellandAuthor Commented:
Your reply is getting a partial solution.
0

Featured Post

[Webinar] Cloud and Mobile-First Strategy

Maybe you’ve fully adopted the cloud since the beginning. Or maybe you started with on-prem resources but are pursuing a “cloud and mobile first” strategy. Getting to that end state has its challenges. Discover how to build out a 100% cloud and mobile IT strategy in this webinar.

  • 3
Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now